Saturday, August 27, 2005

Timpanookee

so I just wrote a whole post and it disappeared.... So if this doesn't flow well, trust me the first one was better.

I don't even know where to start anymore... I guess I went hiking through the night with Frik, Sarah, and her friend Virgil. I almost died. We started out at 2 in the morning so that we'd be able to see the sunrise from the top of the mountain. I was exhausted. A word of advice: if you have been almost completely sedentary for the past 4 months and very close to that for the past 2 years, don't take on timanogas with some avid hikers. We started out so fast that within the first 10 minutes I was completely winded and my trachea was burning from breathing so hard... my heart rate was higher than it's been for a while and my body was screaming at me, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!?!?" At least frik was there to stay behind with me when I gave up. It was fun, though, and the scenerey was beautiful. I was glad to stay behind b/c Frik and I had some good conversation about why Collective Soul is the greatest rock band in history... heehee...

Other than that, it seems like everything else I wrote in my original post was pretty meaningless... I went to a farmers market today and then came home and crashed (hadn't slept all night or the day before...) I love my bed. Jenny gave me a feather bed mattress topper for a wedding gift and this was the first time I slept on it. It's amazing. That and we got some pretty pillows at Kohls so our bed looks really nice.

I also cut Shauna's hair today. I think it looks nice. I want to go to hair school, if only to know how to cut hair. I don't think I'll ever end up working in a salon, but it'd be fun anyway. Then we went to see the fantastic four (we being me, Frik, Shauna, James, and Lorna) I thought it was good, despite all the bad reviews. It was , of course, very unbelievable and incredibly stupid, but if you don't mind that it's fun to watch and I'm glad we went. (It was only a dollar, so it can't be too much of a waste) :o)

That was my day today. Oh! I almost forgot! While Frik and I were coming down the mountain, we saw 2 guys running up! How crazy and in amazing shape do you have to be to run up a mountain trail? Then about 10 minutes after we got down we saw them running into the parking lot! And we told Sarah and Virgil about it and they had seen the crazy runners at the top. I couldn't believe it. In about 4 or 5 hours, I'd guess, these 2 guys had run up and down the whole mountain. That's a 14 mile hike at about 12,000 miles (at the top). They must be nuts...

6 comments:

  1. I think I would like to do a lite hike soon. . . but the last time I was on a big hike - it wasn't so fun because we had some macho-men in the group who would rather show off then have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally game for a hike. No matter how unfit I am, my leg muscles are super duper strong and I can walk for hours. Just ask Meryl - on that one youth conference where she almost died-ed, I walked like 1000 miles in a matter of seconds!

    Or maybe it was like 20 miles in 3 days. I guess the truth is somewheres in-between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go hiking again... as long as it's not with GI Joe. Seriously, I loved hiking as long as I can go a moderate pace and have some fun. You guys should come down here some saturday and we can do some of the caves at timp (not as scary as trying to hike to the peak.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hike, just nothign too steep and as long as people don't take off with my water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been tagged - ref: my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I hiked up Timp.... I nearly died. I blame the asthma. Hey I wanted to go to hair college too! I figured what better way to get free babysitting out of the YW when I get married and have kids!

    ReplyDelete