Saturday, December 16, 2006

Episode IV: A New Post

Whats the occasion? I'm sitting here at work watching A Beautiful Mind(if you haven't seen it, you should) and waiting for Carolyn to get off work. The funny thing is, what I'm doing now isn't terribly different from what I do while I'm on the clock :) With my 4 hours of free time I've managed to, among other things, read the entire internet, and subsequently bore myself to death. I should have brought a book to read...

The vacation was a much needed break from routine. Disney World was much better than I could have expected. I can't be blamed for that though; having only ever been to Disney Land. Those of you who have been to both know what I'm talking about. If you've only ever been to Disney Land, then you don't know what I'm talking about. If you've only ever been to Disney World, then you still have no idea what I'm talking about, but at least you know you're not missing anything.

I'm more excited about Christmas this year than I have been since I was a kid. I'm excited about the presents I know I'm getting, more excited about the presents I don't know about, and even more excited about the presents I got for Carolyn. :D The presents aren't the real reason I'm so excited though, sure they're a good part of it, but what I'm really excited about is that Carolyn is getting a break from classes.

Going to School full time and working full time is crazy. Between school and work everything just blends together. Days roll into days life becomes a run-on sentence, and before you know it you're so lost that you show up to work on your day off. You would expect this to be tough on Carolyn, but sometimes I wonder who it affects more, Carolyn or me. I do know that her going to school is more stressful on me than going to school myself, but that's my own problem. I'm not suggesting that it's not hard for Carolyn(how stupid would that be?) I'm really proud of her for sticking it out :) Anyway, that's what I meant when I said that the vacation was a nice break from routine. I think the day she graduates we'll leave on a 30 day cruise to the middle of nowhere. Then we'll come back and party for a year or two.

Merry Christmas, you're all invited!

2 comments:

  1. yes, you are all invited, but you have to pay for your own 30 day cruise tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I was hoping it was going to be f-r-e-e.

    ReplyDelete