Sunday, June 17, 2007

Quarterly Update

Anyone who's been over lately, or has read Carolyn's blog knows that we're still living out of boxes. It feels like we're settling in for the long haul, which is a really scary thought. I'm prepared for it though, I've already got plenty of excuses :) My #1 problem is that I have a hard time working unless everyone else is too. It's something really juvenile that I just haven't been able to grow out of.
The good news is, we actually made a ton of headway the other day when Scribbles came over. Maybe we need to bribe her into spending another day over here cleaning things up. I just hope that by the next time we move I'll be making enough money to hire some Oompa Loompas to do all the work.
Speaking of making enough money.. I've finally gotten around to applying for a promotion at work. To be honest, I probably should have started applying months ago, but I figured that if I were going to even have a shot at getting the job I'd need to actually believe I deserved it. So, about a month ago I decided I could do the job at least as well as some of the current Tech 2's. Shortly thereafter, a position opened up, and I applied. Sometime this week we'll be finding out who got the job, but if history is any indication, then I won't be getting the job. Historically, you have to apply about 3 times before you're given serious consideration. It sucks, but thats office politics.
In other news, Mario Party 8 is awesome, LOST is still the best show ever created by man, and season 4 of the 4400 has gotten off to a great start.

2 comments:

  1. I've got that episode of 4400 recorded but haven't watched it yet.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were just kidding when you said "quarterly update."

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete