Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can't sleep...

Isn't it just wonderful that as soon as my baby is really sleeping through the night, I fall into a bout of insomnia? Doesn't seem fair... I woke up yesterday at 5:00, worried because i didn't think Frik had made it home, but he was here. I couldn't fall back asleep after that. boo... That was also the first night that Squirt slept completely from 8:30 until 7:00 without waking up and needing me to go comfort her back to sleep. She is growing up so much! a couple of my favorite things she does lately:

She says a new word at least every day, and I'm not talking about mimicking when I say "Say apple" and she'll say apple, but more like she was playing with a friend's scooter, just looking at it, and she said, "bike" or she came up to erik and said, "muhnana" and so he asked "do you want a banana?" and she said "yes" and nodded her whole cute little body.

She has been listening to instructions I give her and then acknowledging me by saying "k". For example, I'll tell her, "Lets pick up your blocks and then we'll eat some lunch" and she'll look at me and say, "k".  Or when I dropped her off at the daycare at the gym, I set her down with some baby dolls and told her I loved her and I'd be back soon, and she said "k" and gave me a kiss.

She has also been so good about going to bed. As i left the room a couple nights ago, she said, "ni-night" to me on the way out.

When she is done eating, she will say "all done" now instead of "da done".

She started saying Momma more intentionally instead of calling me daddy all the time :)

Yesterday morning, when i brought her downstairs, she looked around the corner of the house and said, "Daddy? Duke?" It was adorable and when she says Duke it's the cutest little thing ever.

Some of her words now are book, banana, Ellie (the neighbor's daughter), Belly, eye, nose, mouth, cheek, teeth, ear, cute, pretty, bird, good girl (about a baby at church), blue (actually referring to the color when someone asked what color it was!), phone, and 'one, two, three, wheee!'(which really sounds like two two three whee, but it's still pretty good!)

Anyway, there's my middle of the night update. I'm gonna clean up the front room and maybe get tired enough to fall asleep. hopefully. :(

2 comments:

  1. OK - Here's my middle of the night update: Hay fever. Something blew in about 2 am and I've been up ever since. Still that's better than the panic I woke up in on Sunday:

    5:30 am, with an adrenalin rush, I'm wide awake because I realized that it was Fast Sunday and that the special Sacrament Meeting Program that I had planned (a choir from BYU) would have to be canceled: and I couldn't remember who the contact was. And to boot the choir was coming all the way from (yes) Castle Rock, Colorado!!!

    Needless to say, there was no choir program, but once you're that wide awake, there's no going back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, the things a bishop panics about... ;)

    ReplyDelete