Thursday, July 9, 2009

My stupid voip phone

So I'm getting so frustrated... we have a voip through tmobile. Our internet connection is supposed to be 15mpbs down, 5 up. Whenever I test it, it's around 10 down and 3 or 4 up, but my phone is always getting that annoying voice distortion thing that voip phones do if the connection is bad....

A ping shows 2% packet loss if I let it run for a couple minutes and less if I just let it run for 10-15 seconds. However, the site that tmobile tech support has me testing my connection at shows that my quality of connection is under 50% (sometimes as low as 20%) which is not high enough to have a good VoIP experience... so they tell me to contact my internet provider... which I've done, and since my speed and packet loss are fine, they don't see a problem...

What's going on?? HELP! I'm getting so frustrated....

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I understood like half of that, mostly the ands and buts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Heidi, your comment gave Erik and I a good chuckle. So I guess you don't know how to fix it, either? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one has any suggestions?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad should know... Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two weeks later... Coming up for air... has the problem been solved??

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm... mostly working fine now. I'll let you know if I need help.

    ReplyDelete