Tuesday, July 17, 2007

5 little monkeys...

So... We went to Costco today. It was a good time. As we were standing out by the car, loading groceries into the trunk (well, actually, I was watching FRIK load the groceries), I decided to be helpful and put something in the trunk. Well apparently the trunk door hadn't opened all the way, b/c when I leaned over, I hit my head on the edge of the door. It didn't hurt, but I was somewhat embarrassed. I looked at Frik and my eyes started welling up with tears as I said, "I didn't want to bump my head!". That's when my lips started trembling and he got a look on his face like he wanted to say, "You're not going to cry about this, are you?" but instead he just said, "Don't cry! it's ok!" And yes, i broke down for about 1 1/2 minutes.


I don't know if I can blame that on pregnancy emotions, b/c I've always been pretty emotional... but come on.... that was just ridiculous! It was kind of cute the way that Frik reacted, though. Hah...


Other than that, everything is going pretty well. We went to the Dr on Monday for my second scheduled appointment. Basically, like the doctor said, "no news is good news". Nothing to report on that except we heard the baby's heart beat again. It's a little slower this time, which is normal... but still about 150 bpm, which is also normal.


Work is also going well. I'm starting to understand more of what I'm doing. Poor Frik though, answering all kinds of dumb questions all day long. I feel worse for the people who I ask questions to when he's not there (every Monday), because as far as they know, I'm actually understanding what's going on and sending out good emails on my own accord, and then every Monday i suddenly become stupid... hah, it's not too bad, though.


In other news, Sarah is home from her mission. I've talked to her a few times. She sounds good. It's different being home of course, but she's pretty happy and everything went well. I'm in the process of finding her a place to live. The guy who was supposed to have signed her up for a complex near campus a few months ago fell through, so we're kind of in crunch mode now. Hopefully I'll be able to find somewhere that's not too far away and still somewhere that she won't be the old weird RM girl room mate.


Well, that's about it for my update. It's been a while, but that's all i've got for now.

9 comments:

  1. It's NORMAL to cry when you bump your head, by the way. Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry myself to bed every night.

    Don't feel bad it was kind of a cute story to share. I just said "aww" right after it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sukie's not lying. She takes one look at me before bedtime and starts crying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears of joy, Brad; tears of joy.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, if it's normal to cry when you bump your head... Is it normal to cry when you finish your toast in the morning, and, as you go to give your dog a piece of the crust, you realize he's not there b/c he's getting his hair cut, and you think about how scared and sad he must be??

    Because if so, I'm totally normal. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That story about the dog made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah pregnancy! the good ol days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about if you sob your heart out when it's time for your husband to go to work and you're begging him to stay home with you? :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. How bout crying over monopoly???

    ReplyDelete