Monday, July 27, 2009

Mom & Daddy

So in our house, when I'm talking to Erik, I'll either call him by his name or if Alice is around, I'll often call him Daddy. The first time I called him Daddy, it made me feel old, like a real mom who calls her husband not by his name, but by the title that her kids would call him by.

Naturally, when Erik is talking to me, I'll either be called "Mommy" or "Carolyn". However, Alice for whatever reason refuses to call me mommy. She always says "Mom". It's funny now that she's realized that if she says my name, I'll look at her or respond to her in some way. She'll be in the back seat and decide to tell me something or ask for something and she always says, "Mom!" first and waits for me to respond. I like being able to communicate with her :) Of course, there are times when she still asks for something and just says "this?" and I have no idea what it is, but it's a work in progress I suppose.

She's been singing along to songs lately, too, and has actually been getting a lot of the words right. Especially if it's the theme song to word world. She LOVES that show. :D Good thing I like it, too.

4 comments:

  1. My mom calls my dad - daddy to this day. . even if I'm not around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still sometimes call Gary "Dad." Even if Bridget isn't in the room.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie called me mom for the longest time, she finally got around to the idea of calling me mommy. it's heart melting. She has also learned that she should put her hands together and say "please" in a begging fashion. It's adorable... if not a bit unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I love the begging please... I'll have to see that one some time.

    ReplyDelete