Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The shock

So this is a couple days old, but I wanted to share it with all of you before I forget and then randomly think of it and think that no way it really could have happened because I already feel like no way it could have happened, but i have a witness! so it did happen.

I took Erik to class last Thursday cuz I needed the car. Since Shawna happened to be at our house, I asked if she'd mind watching Alice for a few minutes so I didn't have to hassle with dragging a baby along (side note, I never understood before why my mom said it was quicker to run errands without us... now i do). Anyway, Alice was not too incredibly happy that I was leaving her, but I told her I'd be back soon and set her on the couch and all seemed fairly ok so I left.

When I got back home, I walked in the door and Alice looked up at me and said, "Mommy! I thought you were gone! Where'd you go? Where go?" I answered her, "I went to take daddy to class" and then it registered that she had said a couple of full sentences. It was totally bizarre.

Since then, she has gone back to her normal talking. "iwan chocolate milk" and "bite cereal" and "Don't like it" (which really sounds more like "no rocket") are the most complete sentences that she's said lately. Much more normal.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh alice is so cute i could die! all grown up and everything.

    ReplyDelete