Monday, June 15, 2009

Picture Puzzle

So every day Squirt will do something that I'm either proud of, impressed, or amazed by. Today we were watching Mickey Mouse Club House, and there's a segment called Picture Puzzle, which is just a picture (in this case, a tent) that has been divided into 4 pieces and then shuffled around. There's a little song and then the pieces settle, and Mickey asks, "Does this look right?" At which point, Squirt said, "no". The puzzle started moving around again to the music, and it stopped in the right position. Mickey asked, "how about this?" Squirt said, "yeah".

If she watched this show every day and I sat there answering Mickey with her all the time, then that would be one thing, but she doesn't usually like this show so we don't watch it more than once in a while (every other week, maybe?) so the fact that she got the puzzle right is even more surprising to me. She's getting so big and growing up so much. <3

I think she's teething again. A few weeks ago her top 2 molars cut through so we went through the snotting and drooling like a water fountain, along with the extra crankiness. On Saturday, the face dripping started up again so I am hoping that these teeth will cut through quickly!

I'm realizing that our trip to Disney World is coming up closer and closer, which means that (since we are planning our family around a vacation) the day that we start trying to have a baby is getting closer and closer. I'm starting to get a little anxious about it. I'm remembering all of the hard parts about being pregnant and thinking about how much I love spending time with Squirt and how I don't want any of my time with her to go away, and the selfish part of me doesn't want to spread out my love at all, but to concentrate it on her. On the other hand, I'm excited to get pregnant on purpose and to have a new little tiny baby and have a sibling for Squirt and to feel a baby  move insie of me again, but it's almost like now that I have my baby on the outside, all of the magical parts of pregnancy don't seem as magical anymore... the baby getting hiccups and kicking and the ultrasound and all are being overshadowed by counting carbs and getting fat and feeling sick all the time... *sigh*

I almost wish though that we could just get surprised again because we probably would have put off getting pregnant longer and longer and we might still not have Squirt at this point in our lives if we had actually been able to plan for her. I can't imagine not having her yet though and how bored and selfish Frik and I would be if we didn't have Squirt to keep us serving and working. So I'm trying to not be selfish now and think forward to the fact that I am going to love a new baby. Maybe the horrors that come along with pregnancy will mean something more to me when I am purposefully putting myself through it.

Anyway, that's my rambling thought for the day :) I recently posted a bunch of pictures on facebook, so you should take a look at them :)

1 comment:

  1. One of the real miracles is that as soon as the new baby is born, once again you can't imagine life without him or her. And just think how much Squirt will enjoy being the big sister. She'll be amazing. And you will do great. I found that morning sickness and other complaints were much easier to deal with when I stayed home, rather than having to schlep myself in to work feeling horrible.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete