Tuesday, November 29, 2005

all kinds of stuff

k, so i brought my laptop to my night class today to take notes, and I dont' think I've ever taken notes that were better organized. It was amazing, and i'm really pleased with it. So, needless to say, I think I'll be carting this thing around campus more often.


And I'm getting used to the keyboard. It seems like every laptop has a slightly different keyboard... you know, where the delete key (which I abuse) is, where home and end are... and I have to admit, I thought this had a weird layout at first, but now I kinda like it.


Frik and I rented the aviator tonight for date night. I fell asleep... and then I woke up and I said, "i have no idea what's going on" and he said, "neither do I"... apparently we are both pretty tired. Either that or Winter just makes you wanna sleep all the time. I'm voting on the second one. I think that you could sleep for 10 hours a night, take a 2 hour nap during the day, and still be tired by 10 pm. Ok, maybe not quite, but close. I don't know what it is about the dark and sleeping, but there's gotta be something.


Anyway, though... the part of the Aviator that I woke up to looked really good. We're gonna have to watch it tomorrow.


We went shopping yesterday for some Christmas presents. I let Frik open one of his early b/c it's a pair of pajama pants... and he's been complaining about how he doesn't have any pajama pants. So he opened that already. Then we saw something for Audrey (who one of us drew) and got it. It is going to be so awesome. I hope she doesn't think I'm nuts. (just so you know, Frik thought it was weird... but I said that that's all the more reason to get it for you:o))


So my religion class..es... were really good today. I have an 8:00 class that I was actually on time for... anyway, that one is new testament and I read every single word of the reading yesterday, which probably helped make this class so good. We're reading the 4 gospels in chronological order and, since it's the end of the semester, we're at the crucifixion. I love the teacher for that class. He's so smart... he speaks latin and greek and german and who knows what else, but he has his greek version of the new testament at the front of the class and when he reads any scriptures to us, he just translates it out of there. It's kindof funny, because the first few class periods, i didnt' know why he was reading so slow... and getting some of the words wrong... but then I figured it out. everyone needs to visit his homepage, because I almost died laughing the first time I saw it (make sure your speakers are on... there's music: http://home.comcast.net/~michael.rhodes/


It's funny because some professors are really smart, and they make sure you know it... they are all cocky and only what they say is right... it drives me nuts, especially in religion classes. But br. rhodes is not cocky like that. He's a really good one.


In other news, Chief Niwot is doing well, but he looks so lonely in his empty tank... we've got the rocks, but they were in boggy's tank when he started getting sick... I boiled them, but i wanna bleach them before I put them into another fish's tank. Still don't have any bleach, though... :o)


well, time to sleep... I want to do a new layout some time. Mike Wazowski's getting a little old... :o)

5 comments:

  1. I like Mike!! His eyes follow me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes??? He's only got one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, we have to check out your teachers homepage? What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang... where'd the link go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. there. that's better

    ReplyDelete