Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving

So, since it's been about a hundred years since my last post, I figured that Thanksgiving dinner would be a good place to start. It went really well. The food was good and a lot of people showed up (more than I expected). There were 17 people here, and if you haven't been to my apartment, we were probably close to the maximum occupancy. It was really fun, though. We had Turkey, Ham, Potatoes, Gravy, stuffing, grean bean casserole, rolls, and pie. So in any case, it was good.


One thing that was different about this thanksgiving (besides being in a different place with more than just the usual people) is that we didn't go around the table and say what we're thankful for! And since I know how much Maku loves that, I think I'll give everyone a chance to do that here.


Ahem. I'm thankful for... My family and friends... especially Erik. He's the new one, so I have to be the most thankful for him. He's really great and... aww... well I just love him (he's laying half on and half off the couch right now... asleep...) and I'm thankful for living in Utah where the job market is better than in Colorado, and I'm thankful for my apartment and that it's clean right now because my mom just came to visit. :o) I'm thankful for my visiting teachers letting me borrow the chairs so everyone would have a place to sit. Actually, I'm just thankful for them because they're such nice girls. I'm thankful for the church adn the opportunity it gives me to get to know people here, especially since the turnover in these apartment complexes next to campus is pretty high, it's nice to be able to get to know my neighbors before they move away. hmmm.... I guess that's the bulk of the things I'm thankful for right now.


So Sarah asked me to pick her up from the airport tonight and her flight was delayed and won't be coming in until 12:15, which means I won't be getting to bed until after 1. It's not a problem, though. I mean, after all the times that my friends have picked me up or dropped me off at different airports, it would be ridiculous if I didn't make a few trips up there once in a while, even if it is in the middle of the night. So, I'm just waiting until I need to leave, sitting on the couch watching "it's a wonderful life" with Erik... who is asleep... I love this movie. It's the first time I've watched it all year. My freshman year I swear I watched it every day in the dorms. Sarah hated it. (which is probably at least part of the reason I loved making her watch it with me so much...heheh...)


So, other than that... there are only a few weeks left of school before Christmas break. I'm really looking forward to some time off. Maybe I'll be able to work a bit over the break and get a little extra money. There was a big fiasco with the bank tying my overdraft protection to someone elses credit card, so when I noticed it, I called them up to see what was going on and now it turns out that we owe about $1000 more than I thought we did... so I'll have to work that out. Might have to take out a short term student loan for tuition next semester. It's just a 2 or 3 month loan from the university that I can pay in increments. It'll help things out a bit.


Oh, and I saw an old friend of mine from my german class last year at church today. She had her baby 6 months ago and he is so cute... his name is Jackson and he's got 6 or so inches of hair growing right out of the top of his head... but only the top, so it looks kindof like a comb over, but in reverse of how men usually go bald. Anyway, he's cute.


Well, I'm gonna take a nap before it's time to leave. I had a nice nap earlier today so I'll be fine, but just because I still have to wake up tomorrow for class... yeah...

4 comments:

  1. PS: as a fun game, count how many times I said, "so" in that post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for family; both those tied by blood and those tied by relationships. And I'm grateful that relationships are eternal. There is nothing more important than the love you feel for others. I think that's why I love Thanksgiving so much. I was so thankful to be surrounded by people I love so much.

    I'm thankful for you, honey.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mom!!!

    You're soo sappy! ;)

    ReplyDelete