Thursday, August 6, 2009

no more Dr. Pepper, baby...

So, Alice had some Diet Dr. pepper yesterday... not an obscene amount, but apparently enough to affect her sleep somewhat. She went to bed at a normal time, but was fussing and not really staying asleep very well. At about 3 am, She started crying so I finally went in to her room and laid down with her on her bed and dozed off. She, however, didn't... She was playing with me (unresponsive as I was). I vaguely remember her ramming her head into my stomach and saying "Bonk!" several times, and then making her way to the foot of the bed and saying "Feet! Feet!" at which point, I sat up and told her, "It's still night time, you have to go back to sleep". She laid down by my feet and said, "Ni night..." Then pretended to snore, started giggling, then got back up and started saying, "Daddy?". I took her into the bedroom and showed her that Daddy was asleep, then tried to wake him up so he could keep her company (it was his Dr. Pepper, after all...) But he was totally out (which is strange... the one night he actually goes to bed before 3 is the night that she is awake at 3... does that seem fair?)

So Alice went into the bathroom and said, "Draw?" and picked up her tub crayon and started doodling on the bath tub. That's when I realized that I was still really tired and decided to take her and put her back in her crib. She laid down and wasn't too happy about it, but she wasn't screaming, so I left and went back to sleep. She must have fallen asleep at some point b/c she woke up at a normal time this morning and came downstairs to watch Curious George.

Moral of the Story: follow Sarah's advice and don't drink Dr. Pepper ever, especially if you're a baby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh she's a kindred spirit. LOL Dr. Pepper is horrible but wonderful at the same time. Sad she has to learn so soon.

    ReplyDelete