Thursday, May 4, 2006

You just shook your head… doesn’t that make you happy?

So, you may have heard that carebear and I are taking a weight lifting class. The last couple days we have been doing the fitness and strength tests that we will be compared against at the end of the course, and The way they've decided it should be done is that each person should be able to lift a certain percentage of their body weight on each of the diferent lifts. This is a fine concept when dealing with people who are in shape. Naturally you would expect a 250lb body builder to lift a lot more than a 150lb body builder. However, when you apply that same concept to normal(out of shape) people it doesn't work as well, for obvious reasons, and you end up so sore that you can Hardly move. I'm sure some of you are familiar with the feeling.

So, besides feeling like I should have been issued a wheelchair and handicap parking privileges, I'm absolutely loving being in classes again. I'm really excited about the weight lifting class. The other class I'm taking is CS 142 which so far has not only been a walk in the park but has also been really interesting. I have yet to take a college course that I didn't like, which I suspect will change in the near future when I have to take some useless English or biology class.

2 comments:

  1. Muscles makes fat go away! :D

    Just don't beat me up or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll be surprised how much you will like college level English and biology classes.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete