Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't Swear at the Dishwasher...

So I typically don't swear. The words will come into my mind from time to time when I'm frustrated, but they usually stop there and don't escape my mouth. However, a couple times in the past week or so, I've let my swear shield down. The stupid thing is that it's always been when i'm alone so it's not like it's any different from having just said it in my head.


Part 2 of my story starts a couple days ago when the dishwasher started leaving an annoying film on all the dishes. I was frustrated, but didn't swear. Well today, while I was home alone of course, I said "Damn Dishwasher" to it's face. I know. It was terribly vulgar.


I told frik he'd have to take a look at it when he got home. Well... he did... and in the process of pulling it out to see if it was having problems draining, the dishwasher decided to retaliate against me. The water input hose slipped off and started spraying HOT water all over the kitchen. 2 things you need to know about our house is that it has incredible water pressure and that the water heater does it's job very effectively. I started freaking out asking Erik where the shut off was (down in the crawl space, of course) and he started freaking out trying to grab the hot hose from beneath the counter so that he could aim it somewhere besides our faces.


Finally he got the hose and started pointing it at the back door (which was still closed) and yelled at me to open it, which I did, then took the hose and pointed it out the door while he went and shut off the water. And thus we avoided flooding our house beyond the kitchen.

The best part is that Duke thinks this whole thing is a game, which we didn't realize until after the 30 seconds or so of panic, when I saw him jumping around in circles, wagging his tail stump, and trying to find his ball.

Erik told me I'm not allowed to swear at our appliances anymore.

4 comments:

  1. duke is such a funny dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. She forgot to mention that I burned my hand and wrist a little :( It's feeling better now but it was painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Swear shield. I don't have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fine with the appliances. I just want to swear at the bank.

    ReplyDelete