Monday, March 10, 2008

What a great find!



One and a half blog posts in a row :-0I just stumbled across an awesome new, really old, track from Collective Soul(If you're not a fan you can leave now). This song, Beautiful World, was originally released on the Hints Allegations and Things Left Unsaid album by Rising Storm Records. Shortly thereafter CS signed a record deal with Atlantic who re-released the album--minus this track! WTH!? Presumably the music gods at Atlantic didn't think the song "had the right sound" or some asinine thing like that. Thanks guys >:( I love being marketed to.Evil record companies aside, I've been listening to it on a loop for an hour or two now and I REALLY like it. It's almost like the Collective Soul from 2007 traveled back in time to record it. Ever since CS's contract with Atlantic ended in 2001 their new stuff has been more varied than the stuff they released under contract, and this song sounds a LOT like some of their new stuff. All this time I had been thinking that their sound was evolving as they got old, but I think a more accurate observation would be that Atlantic was restricting their creative freedom.

Anyway, now that I've geeked out on Collective Soul you can all carry on with your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment