Thursday, January 29, 2009

A little less wise... and toothy



So last year, when we were signing up for our flex spending account contributions, we put about 1000 onto the plan so it would cover the birth of our Squirt. It turned out, though, that even though she was born in the correct tax year, it was not the correct fiscal year, so we had to pay the $900 ish out of pocket and then were left with a ton of money in our flex spending account. We tried thinking of all the medical procedures we could have done, and finally settled on me getting my wisdom teeth out (something I should have had done already, and those of you who have read this who don't have kids yet, but still have teeth, get them taken out now. It's easier when you don't have to worry about taking care of someone else)

We kept pushing the date back because since I was going under general anesthesia, I wouldn't be allowed to breast feed squirt for 24 hours after the procedure. This was nerve racking because she still nurses at night and several times throughout the day, ususally when going down for naps. In addition, she likes to try to "help herself" by grabbing my shirt and pulling and saying, "eh?" like, "can I please have some?" Since I didn't want to have to tell her no and try to not be in pain myself, I thought it would be good if she wasn't around at all, so Sarah graciously decided she could take her for the day.

She did very well, and for more details on that excursion, see Guildy's blog. Once she got home that night, Guildy gave her a bath and put her in bed. She cried for about 15 minutes before falling asleep which isn't too terrible, but it was hard for me to hear. She slept all the way from 8:30 until about 3, then woke up and Daddy tried to calm her down, even giving her a bottle of milk I had pumped a while back, which she was mad about at first, but then realized it was that or nothing and took it. He watched mickey mouse with her and she finally fell back asleep around 5. Then woke up at 7. I had a Dr. appointment at 8:40, so we went to that and She ate a lot of bananas... and then by 12:30 I was nursing her down for her nap, which was about 2 and a half hours.

Overall, it messed with her schedule a bit, but she is pretty much recovered form that now. She even slept so well last night. I put her down at 9:30 (because she had had a weird late nap, recovering from no sleep at all...) and she didn't wake up until about 5, when I went in and put her back down and she then woke up at 8:30, just like normal. I'm so proud of her! She slept in her own crib all night! (me being on narcotics didn't feel like it would be safe to bring her into bed with me...) And so i really feel like's she's growing up and becomeing more independent. :)

Now I'm just getting sick of the bloody taste in the back of my mouth... yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment