Saturday, February 18, 2006

New post

I was going to post earlier but I was all mad b/c the internet wasn't working and I had to submit a quiz online and there was a time limit and I went over the timelimit... when I really took the quiz in under the time limit... so I was so mad that I decided not to post. But now that I've cooled down, I'm gonna update.


Sukie came down here with one of her betta forum friends today and we went over to this guy's house who was selling all of his tanks and fish b/c their moving. (when I say all of his tanks and fish, I don't think there is any way for you to fully understand how many tanks and fish that really is... he had a whole room full of tanks in his basement... and apparently he had already sold some.) It was pretty cool. The house smelled kindof swampy, and I would never want that many fish in my basement, but hooray for people who do. :o)


So anyway, I bought 2 guppies from him. They are so stinking cute. They're tiny and they swim around in their little one gallon tank like it's the size of an olympic swimming pool. I need to get a plant for the tank... probably a fake one. :o) I'm not in to the whole actually having a fish thing yet. I need to get some more fish food too, for guppies, not bettas... and I think I'm going to get one more friend for them. A really pretty one. We'll see what I can find.


We ended up staying at the fish guy's house forever... maybe 2 hours? I don't know. But Sukie and her friend were getting all loaded up. I think the friend was mostly taking free stuff... snails and plants and filters he didnt' want.... But I don't know how much Sukie ended up spending. :o) What did you get 2 tanks, a bunch of shrimp, a stand, and some fishes? Once I got my guppies, I tried to stay out of the way as much as I could b/c there were so many people in there.


And then I came home and made banana muffins, called David, and he came over and ate some of them. They were so good... and they're little too, so you have to eat about 30 of them in order to get the same amount as you would in one piece of banana bread...


Anyway... I found my long lost keys today. That made me happy. :o) And now I'm gonna go to bed.

9 comments:

  1. Guppies? Aren't they like underwater rabbits? You may not have two for long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they're both males so hopefully I'll just have 2.

    Actually, we want to get 2 more. We've named these two fin and munch, and we need a benson and stabler. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY about the long lost keys! As for both your fish being males... Remember, the pet store thought your rat was a male, and the guppies are a LOT smaller than she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous makes me crazy trying to figure out who it is.... Want to help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be Canoe - as she had guppies and they spawned like rabbits. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. It kindof sounds like my mom, too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. it wasnt canoe, i would guess your mom or one of your sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah... the typing looks like my mom's... but I thought it might be Meryl, too. The only people who will post anonymously are my mom, canoe, and frik's buddy... but I don't think it was frik's buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't me ... Frik's Buddy will post AS Frik's Buddy ... unless I think of something else :-D

    ReplyDelete