Monday, March 16, 2009

BIG doggy

We went for a walk the other day around the block, and the people who live behind us have horses, so I asked if we could go back and see them. As soon as squirt saw them she started saying "Doodun" which doesn't sound like duke or dog really, but it's the word that she says whenever she sees duke, so i think it's just her way of saying it. The horse startled her when he brought his head towards her, but after a few minutes and after seeing me pet the horse, she reached out to pet him. It was a very nice horse and when we started leaving, it trotted along the side of his pen to follow us. It was very cute.

she has another tooth now, so that makes 7. :D I had my first day of nursery yesterday at church (in this ward anyway) and I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to being in the nursery when they called me, but as soon as one of the little girls reached up to hold my hand, I changed my mind.  I really have it easy. I'm not even in the nursery with the kids having to play with them and keep them entertained, I just take them to go get their parents when they have to go potty or change a diaper, and help shuffle them from room to room. I'm in charge of the older half of the nursery along with one other girl who is my neighbor, and there are 3 groups in that older half that get moved around between 2 rooms the whole time. It's pretty crazy. Then the younger half has another 3 groups and will need a 4th one by the end of the year. TONS of kids. I love this ward!

6 comments:

  1. And I thought we had a lot of kids in our ward. We'll have about 15 births before June this year. But we only have one nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. squirt with a horse would be so adorable! did you take pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO i wish i did though. Next time, I'll bring my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I lost the invite to Sarah's shower so I don't have your number. But Saturday is Thad's b-day and we have some people in town so I won't be able to make it to the shower. Hope it is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know. :) I hope Thad has a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Jack-Jack, animals are all gugu. He says it all the time as he pets the dog, cat, or occasional baby. It's because he hears us saying good girl every time the animals are around.

    ReplyDelete