Thursday, March 12, 2009

Speak softly...

Squirt went outside to play today and found a big stick on the ground probably about 4 feet long and decided she had to have it:

img_1102.jpg

She carried it around with her for the next 5 minutes or so until I made her come inside. It sucks because it's not quite warm enough for her to play outside for very long, but she really loves going "bye bye" and will stand banging on the door crying "bye bye! bye bye!" if she doesn't get to go out.

I have been amazed lately by how much she has learned. I told her the other day "let's change your diaper" and she walked over and grabbed a diaper and handed it to me. If I say "let's go upstairs" she heads over to the stairs. I can ask her to get me her shoes and she brings them to me. It's crazy for me to think of how much I say that she really understands now, and it's funny when she hears me say a word she knows how to say so she'll repeat it back to me. Today while I was changing her diaper, I said, "you have a cute butt" (something I thought was so weird until I was a mom... thinking a butt is cute? seriously?) And she looked back at me and said "butt butt butt". She can also say poop (hahaha) and cheese and duke and daddy and bye bye of course, and the cutest thing is that she'll say "david" when she's looking at him and guildy's engagement picture... of course, she also says david now when she looks at her growth chart and points to the picture of mickey mouse...

She is just growing so much and it's really amazing to me to be able to see it!

Oh and for those of you who may be wondering about the 90% of humanity being scum bags, I think you can blame the most recent episode of House for Frik's overreaction... I'm sorry, honey! I love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment